Sunday, October 27, 2013

What I Think When I Think About Act 3


So far, I would have to say Act lll is the most eventful of all the acts. Emotions get heated and we see Hamlet’s frustration climax when he stabs a hiding Polonius. Although I think Hamlet has a right to feel betrayed I can’t help but feel that he has committed a serious crime. Though not on purpose he did in fact kill a for the most part innocent man. Polonuis may have been sneaky and an ally of Claudius but from what I can see I don’t think he deserved to be killed. The fact that Claudius reacted so strongly to the imitation play indicates the the Ghost of Hamlet was in deed telling the truth which is essential to this plotline. I am glad Hamlet did not choose to kill Claudius when he was praying because I do think it would be disrespectful to commit such a violent act while in the presence of holiness. I hope Hamlet can find a way to deal with his anger that does not involve murder, because I believe it is wrong to fight fire with fire, however the future is looking bleak.

No comments:

Post a Comment