Monday, August 19, 2013

Reflections on Week 1

1. I believe I have many beneficial factors that will affect my performance in this class. Over the summer I purchased an iphone so now I have access to the internet wherever I go which will allow me to view my blog on the move. In addition, I am familiar with many of my class members which means collaborating and communicating will be very easy. However, one major element I am worried about is my schedule. I need to find a way to balance this class, soccer, volunteering, and my job,

2. My best learning experience is a little unorthodox…. Junior year I came home around eleven due to a CIF championship soccer game and I begged my mom to let me stay home from school the next day. She replied that my the lackluster effort I had been putting into my work did not deserve such a vacation. She then proceeded to tell me that I was allowed to stay home the next day but I would have to be grounded that following weekend. Due to my exhaustion and love for sleep I decided to sacrifice my weekend and stay home. That Friday, Saturday and Sunday I dedicated to becoming a person “worthy” of a vacation, I vowed to become someone people look at and respect not label as mediocre. I learned that going through the motions was bullshit and then I needed to start putting in effort and getting the most out of opportunities but in front of me. I can proudly say I finished the year with a room that stayed clean, solid grades that did not just scrape by, and a positive determined new outlook.

3. Like I mentioned before I am concerned with balancing this class with my schedule but beyond that I can’t say I am very scared for anything else. I am excited that we will be doing a lot of reading in this class because it is a hobby that I have unfortunately shelved (pun kind of intended). I am also excited because this is the first time I have actually gotten to see and read my peers’ work. I think it is very beneficial to be able to see their ideas and communicate and collaborate through the blog. I think this class with make a practical difference in my life because hopefully it will prepare me better for college and ultimately all writing and speaking I will do later on in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment