Friday, November 22, 2013

Allegory of the Cave Sonnet

In The Allegory of the Cave
Plato writes an extended metaphor
Where most prisoners behave
And never venture outside the door

However, one prisoner does break free
He breaks the chains that held him bound
This brave prisoner squints at what he does see
He is amazed by the new sights, smells and sound

Everywhere around there is light
This world is so different from the dark
He is almost overwhelmed by this new sight
This free man is now destined to make his mark

So look beyond your walls
And watch how quickly reality falls

4 comments:

  1. I really like your sonnet, Hannah! You did a great job sticking to the Shakespearean format, especially with the switch from third to second person for the final couplet. Very nice :)

    How are you going to choose what to do for your final presentation?
    lisamalinsaplit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah! I really like your sonnet. I liked how you told the reader to "look beyond your walls" in the final couplet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I invited you to read and comment "THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX" on my blog.
    http://dannytbuuluu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative Hannah! I like how you stuck with a rhyme scheme. Can I get some feedback on mine? http://www.snicholsrhsenglitcomp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete