Monday, November 11, 2013

A Poetic Inquiry


I think I’d like to stick to my big question. I believe it is applicable to life in nearly any situation. Love is driving force behind many actions past and present and therefore it is evident how much value we place on. Although we deem it valuable, the question remains as to if love is actually essential to happiness.

I chose my sonnet because I liked the mysterious overall tone. The message I received is that people need to look deeper within things to find their answers. Often times solutions are hidden and entangled in problems. Extra attention to detail and a careful eye aid in revealing these hidden mysteries.

VII. "The perfume hidden at the rose's heart"



The perfume hidden at the rose's heart;
The inner sweetness of a dream; the cry
Of sorrow that escapes within a sigh,
The love within a kiss; the spiritual counterpart
Of a swift meaning motion of the eye,
Or lights that on the lips are born and die,
Named smiles:--all this to me and more thou art.
Search in thy breast, and see what holiest thing
Dwells inmost of thy thoughts, fulfilling each,
A soul unto the body of thy speech:
Then I in thee, as thou in me, shall sing,
And heaven in both, and both in heaven's reach--
Skies in our heart and skies about our wing.

No comments:

Post a Comment