Wednesday, September 18, 2013

What a Character

A fictional character that made a big impression on me is Daisy from The Great Gatsby. Daisy left a lasting impact on me partly because she was different from any other fictional character I had read about before. With Daisy you never knew which direction she was headed or how she was truly feeling. At first glance she seemed to wear her heart on her sleeve, however closer inspection showed she had several hidden thoughts and feelings. Daisy changed her mind daily and often times went back on forth on whether she wanted Gatsby or if he was just another phase in her life. Daisy was one of the most selfish characters I had ever seen however she managed to maintain an innocent, childlike persona throughout the novel. I would label Daisy’s characterization as indirect because her actions are what gave the most insight to her personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment